On Friday, Mar. 22, No. 10-seeded Colorado took on No. 7-seeded Illinois and was beaten by the Fighting Illini 57-49 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Josh Scott secured a double-double for the Buffaloes including 10 points and 14 rebounds. Andre Roberson had nine points and added eight rebounds. For the Fighting Illini, Tracy Abrams got 13 points and six assists. Colorado closes out the season with a 21-12 record. The Buffaloes got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Arizona 79-69 in the Pac-12 Tournament. In the regular season, they finished fifth in the Pac-12 with a 10-8 record in conference play.
Colorado Game Notes
- The last time CU started the season 21-12 was 2010.
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Colorado has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- Askia Booker recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Askia Booker and Josh Scott) accounted for 48.9 percent of the points.
- Josh Scott accounted for 38.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Askia Booker has led the team in scoring in eight out of 33 games this season.
- Josh Scott has led the team in rebounding in five out of 33 games this season.
- Askia Booker had a career high with four three-pointers.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Andre Roberson.
- Josh Scott recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Scott recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Xavier Johnson.
Illinois Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brandon Paul and D.J. Richardson) accounted for 54.3 percent of the points.
- Brandon Paul has led the team in scoring 21 times in 35 games this season.
- Nnanna Egwu has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 35 games this season.
- Brandon Paul has eight straight double-digit point games.