James Madison 62
(21-15, 4-9 away)
(4) Indiana 83
(28-6, 17-2 home)
Venue: University of Dayton Arena
4:20PM ET / 1:20PM PT, March 22, 2013
||A Nation 24
||R Goins 6
||D Moore 4
||K Ferrell 16
||K Ferrell 8
||K Ferrell 6
No. 1-seeded Indiana trounced No. 16-seeded James Madison 83-62 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday, Mar. 22. Kevin Ferrell had an impressive game for the Hoosiers and put up a team-high 16 points and eight rebounds. Will Sheehey had 15 points and added three rebounds. For the Dukes, Andre Nation finished with a season-high 24 points and four rebounds. James Madison wraps up the season with a 21-15 record. The Dukes got to the NCAA Tournament as the CAA champion after beating Northeastern 70-57 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished fourth in the CAA with an 11-7 conference record. James Madison took down No. 16-seeded Long Island 68-55 in the first round. Indiana (28-6, 14-4 Big Ten) takes on No. 9-seeded Temple (24-9, 11-5 A-10) in the third round on Sunday, Mar. 24.
Indiana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:21 left to go.
- This was the 16th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, IU has been on the winning end of 40 blowout games.
- Indiana has won every game this season (5-0) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- The Hoosiers have won every game this season (12-0) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- Indiana has won every game this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.7 percent or better.
- IU has won every game this season (18-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- IU has won every game this season (22-0) after holding an opponent to under 41.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Indiana has won 83 percent of the time (24-5) when Cody Zeller has 11 points or more, 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Will Sheehey has seven field goals made or more, and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Victor Oladipo has four free throws made or more.
- Cody Zeller has six straight double-digit point games.
- Victor Oladipo has four straight double-digit point games.
James Madison Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, JMU has been on the losing end of 19 blowout games.
- Andre Nation accounted for 38.7 percent of the team's points.
- Andre Nation has led the team in scoring four times in 36 games this season.
- Rayshawn Goins has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 36 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Andre Nation's career.
- Andre Nation has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Andre Nation.