No. 16-seeded James Madison was easily defeated by No. 1-seeded Indiana 83-62 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday, Mar. 22. Andre Nation got a season-high 24 points and four rebounds in a losing effort. Charles Cooke had a season-high 18 points and added four rebounds. Kevin Ferrell finished with a team-high 16 points and eight rebounds for the Hoosiers. James Madison closes out the season with a 21-15 record. The Dukes got to the NCAA Tournament as the CAA champion after beating Northeastern 70-57 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished fourth in the CAA with an 11-7 record in conference play. James Madison got the best of No. 16-seeded Long Island 68-55 in the first round.
James Madison Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:21 left to go.
- The last time JMU started the season 21-15 was 2008.
- Prior to this game, JMU played four Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 0-4.
- James Madison has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording seven or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, James Madison has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, James Madison has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, James Madison has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- JMU set season lows for free throws made (two) and steals (one).
- The Dukes have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- Andre Nation accounted for 38.7 percent of the team's points.
- Andre Nation has led the team in scoring in four out of 36 games this season.
- Rayshawn Goins has led the team in rebounding in 22 out of 36 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Andre Nation's career.
- Andre Nation has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Andre Nation.
Indiana Game Notes
- Cody Zeller has six straight double-digit point games.
- Victor Oladipo has four straight double-digit point games.