(22-12, 4-5 away)
(22) Creighton 67
(28-7, 15-2 home)
Venue: Wells Fargo Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, March 22, 2013
||S Kilpatrick 19
||T Rubles 8
||C Wright 6
||D McDermott 27
||D McDermott 11
||J Manigat 7
On Friday, Mar. 22, No. 10-seeded Cincinnati took on No. 7-seeded Creighton and fell short to the Bluejays 67-63 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Cashmere Wright put up 15 points and six assists in a losing effort. Titus Rubles had 11 points and added eight rebounds. Doug McDermott recorded a double-double for the Bluejays on a game-high 27 points and 11 rebounds. Cincinnati closes out the season with a 22-12 record. The Bearcats got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Georgetown 62-43 in the Big East Tournament. In the regular season, they finished ninth in the Big East with a 9-9 record in conference play.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- The Bearcats have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Cincinnati is 36-26 in close games.
- Prior to this game, Cincinnati played 51 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 18-33.
- Cincinnati has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.2 percent or better this season, Cincinnati has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- The Bearcats have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- Sean Kilpatrick accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 34 games this season.
- Titus Rubles has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 34 games this season.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Justin Jackson.
Creighton Game Notes
- The Bluejays won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Creighton is 34-23 in close games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 40.2 percent of the team's points.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 28 times and in rebounding 20 times in 35 games this season.
- Jahenns Manigat set a career high with seven assists.
- This marks the 55th 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 30th of his career.