(22-13, 4-9 away)
(5) Miami 78
(28-6, 14-1 home)
Venue: Erwin Center
2:10PM ET / 11:10AM PT, March 22, 2013
||T Fulton 18
||K Kelley 9
||L McCloud 4
||D Scott 21
||R Johnson 10
||S Larkin 9
No. 2-seeded Miami (FL) squared off with No. 15-seeded Pacific on Friday, Mar. 22 and won big against the Tigers 78-49 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The Hurricanes got the win with 10 points and nine assists (3 Reb 3 Stl) from Shane Larkin. Durand Scott was sharp from three-point range, going five for eight to get to a game-high 21 points overall. For the Tigers, Khalil Kelley finished with 11 points and nine rebounds. This makes five wins in a row for the Hurricanes. Pacific wraps up the season with a 22-13 record. The Tigers got to the NCAA Tournament as the Big West champion after beating UC Irvine 64-55 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished second in the Big West with a 13-5 conference record. Miami (FL) (28-6, 15-3 ACC) faces off with No. 7-seeded Illinois (22-12, 8-10 Big Ten) in the third round on Sunday, Mar. 24.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:51 left to go.
- The win over Pacific extended the Miami (FL) winning streak to five games.
- Miami (FL) beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 20th time this season the Hurricanes have beaten the spread.
- This was the seventh blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Miami (FL) has been on the winning end of 36 blowout games.
- The Hurricanes have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 78 or more total points.
- Miami (FL) has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 54.5 percent or better.
- Miami (FL) has won 89 percent of the time this season (16-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Miami (FL) has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 49 or fewer total points.
- Miami (FL) has won 89 percent of the time this season (17-2) after holding an opponent to under 34.6 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Miami (FL) has won 82 percent of the time (23-5) when Shane Larkin has 10 points or more, 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Trey McKinney-Jones plays 33 minutes or more, and 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Durand Scott has six field goals made or more.
- The Hurricanes have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Miami (FL) has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Johnson and Trey McKinney-Jones) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Durand Scott has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 34 games this season.
- Reggie Johnson has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 34 games this season.
- Shane Larkin has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Shane Larkin had a career high with nine assists.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Durand Scott's career.
- Durand Scott had a career high with five three-pointers.
- Rion Brown had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Pacific Game Notes
- This was the third blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Pacific has been on the losing end of 10 blowout games.
- Travis Fulton recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- Travis Fulton accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- Khalil Kelley accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Fulton has led the team in scoring six times in 35 games this season.
- Khalil Kelley has led the team in rebounding nine times in 35 games this season.
- Travis Fulton set a career high with six three-pointers.
|D-||R. De Souza||17||0||2||0||0||0||3|