(22-13, 4-9 away)
(5) Miami 78
(28-6, 14-1 home)
Venue: Erwin Center
2:10PM ET / 11:10AM PT, March 22, 2013
||T Fulton 18
||K Kelley 9
||L McCloud 4
||D Scott 21
||R Johnson 10
||S Larkin 9
On Friday, Mar. 22, No. 15-seeded Pacific was trounced by No. 2-seeded Miami (FL) 78-49 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Khalil Kelley put up 11 points and nine rebounds in the Tigers loss. Travis Fulton was solid from three-point range, going six for 10 to get to a team-high 18 points overall. Shane Larkin got 10 points and nine assists (3 Reb 3 Stl) for the Hurricanes. Pacific closes out the season with a 22-13 record. The Tigers got to the NCAA Tournament as the Big West champion after beating UC Irvine 64-55 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished second in the Big West with a 13-5 record in conference play.
Pacific Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:51 left to go.
- Pacific has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 18 or fewer field goals made.
- The Tigers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Pacific has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 41 or more rebounds this season, Pacific has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records seven or more steals this season, Pacific has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- Travis Fulton recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- Travis Fulton accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- Khalil Kelley accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Fulton has led the team in scoring in six out of 35 games this season.
- Khalil Kelley has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 35 games this season.
- Travis Fulton had a career high with six three-pointers.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Johnson and Trey McKinney-Jones) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Durand Scott has led the team in scoring 10 times in 34 games this season.
- Reggie Johnson has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 34 games this season.
- Shane Larkin has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Shane Larkin set a career high with nine assists.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Durand Scott's career.
- Durand Scott set a career high with five three-pointers.
- Rion Brown set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|D-||R. De Souza||17||0||2||0||0||0||3|