(24-9, 8-4 away)
NC State 72
(24-11, 16-1 home)
Venue: University of Dayton Arena
1:40PM ET / 10:40AM PT, March 22, 2013
||K Wyatt 31
||S Randall 8
||K Wyatt 5
||L Brown 22
||R Howell 15
||L Brown 9
On Friday, Mar. 22, No. 8-seeded NC State fell to No. 9-seeded Temple 76-72 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Lorenzo Brown put up a team-high 22 points and nine assists for the Wolfpack. Richard Howell got a double-double with 14 points and 15 rebounds. For the Owls, Khalif Wyatt got a game-high 31 points and five assists. NC State closes out the season with a 24-11 record. The Wolfpack got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Miami (FL) 81-71 in the ACC Tournament. In the regular season, they finished fourth in the ACC with an 11-7 record in conference play.
NC State Game Notes
- The last time NCSU started the season 24-11 was 2001.
- The Wolfpack have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, NC State is 36-25 in close games.
- The Wolfpack have lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after having a three-point percentage of 30.8 percent or worse.
- NC State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after recording 10 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.0 percent or better this season, NC State has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, NC State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- The Wolfpack have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 11 games.
- Lorenzo Brown accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's points.
- Richard Howell accounted for 44.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Lorenzo Brown has led the team in scoring in six out of 35 games this season.
- Richard Howell has led the team in rebounding in 25 out of 35 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Lorenzo Brown's career.
- Lorenzo Brown had a career high with nine field goals made.
- Scott Wood has five straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Howell recorded the 46th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Richard Howell has grabbed double-digit rebounds in three straight games.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 18th this season and 31st of his career.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of C.J. Leslie's career.
- C.J. Leslie has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for C.J. Leslie.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rodney Purvis.
Temple Game Notes
- The Owls won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Temple is 42-21 in close games.
- Khalif Wyatt accounted for 40.7 percent of the team's points.
- Scootie Randall accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring 22 times in 33 games this season.
- Scootie Randall has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 31st 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 19 straight double-digit point games.