(24-9, 8-4 away)
NC State 72
(24-11, 16-1 home)
Venue: University of Dayton Arena
1:40PM ET / 10:40AM PT, March 22, 2013
||K Wyatt 31
||S Randall 8
||K Wyatt 5
||L Brown 22
||R Howell 15
||L Brown 9
No. 9-seeded Temple squared off with No. 8-seeded NC State on Friday, Mar. 22 and got a victory over the Wolfpack 76-72 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The Owls were led by Khalif Wyatt, who put up a game-high 31 points and five assists. Scootie Randall had five points and added eight rebounds. For the Wolfpack, Lorenzo Brown finished with a team-high 22 points and nine assists. NC State wraps up the season with a 24-11 record. The Wolfpack got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Miami (FL) 81-71 in the ACC Tournament In the regular season, they finished fourth in the ACC with an 11-7 conference record. Temple (24-9, 11-5 A-10) faces off against No. 1-seeded Indiana (27-6, 14-4 Big Ten) in the third round on Sunday, Mar. 24.
Temple Game Notes
- Temple beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- The Owls have won eight close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Temple is 42-21 in close games.
- Temple has won every game this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.0 percent or better.
- The Owls have won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) after recording 76 or more total points.
- Temple has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Temple has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson has 12 points or more, 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Scootie Randall plays 38 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (8-0) when Jake O`Brien has five rebounds or more.
- The Owls have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Temple has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- Khalif Wyatt accounted for 40.7 percent of the team's points.
- Scootie Randall accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring in 22 out of 33 games this season.
- Scootie Randall has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the 31st 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 19 straight double-digit point games.
NC State Game Notes
- The Wolfpack have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, NC State is 36-25 in close games.
- Lorenzo Brown accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's points.
- Richard Howell accounted for 44.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Lorenzo Brown has led the team in scoring six times in 35 games this season.
- Richard Howell has led the team in rebounding 25 times in 35 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Lorenzo Brown's career.
- Lorenzo Brown set a career high with nine field goals made.
- Scott Wood has five straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Howell recorded the 46th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Richard Howell has grabbed double-digit rebounds in three straight games.
- Richard Howell recorded a double-double. It was his 18th this season and 31st of his career.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of C.J. Leslie's career.
- C.J. Leslie has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for C.J. Leslie.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rodney Purvis.