On a day when they outshot the Great Danes 58.7 percent to 36.5 percent, No. 2-seeded Duke got a major win against No. 15-seeded Albany 73-61 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The Blue Devils got the win with a game-high 26 points and six rebounds from Seth Curry. Mason Plumlee had 23 points and added eight rebounds. For the Great Danes, Jacob Iati finished with a team-high 15 points and six rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl). Albany wraps up the season with a 24-11 record. The Great Danes got to the NCAA Tournament as the America East champion after beating Vermont 53-49 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished fifth in the America East with a 9-7 conference record. Duke (28-5, 14-4 ACC) plays No. 7-seeded Creighton (27-7, 13-5 Missouri Valley) in the third round on Sunday, Mar. 24.
Duke Game Notes
- Duke started 28-5 during the 2009, 2007, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The Blue Devils have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 17 or more assists.
- Duke has won 89 percent of the time this season (16-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Duke has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 19 or fewer field goals made.
- Duke has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Duke has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Mason Plumlee has 23 points or more, 88 percent of the time (14-2) when Quinn Cook plays 36 minutes or more, and 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Seth Curry has four free throws made or more.
- Seth Curry accounted for 35.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mason Plumlee and Ryan Kelly) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Seth Curry has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 33 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee has led the team in rebounding in 28 out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the 43rd 20-point game of Seth Curry's career.
- Seth Curry has four straight double-digit point games.
- Seth Curry had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Quinn Cook's career.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Mason Plumlee's career.
- Mason Plumlee has eight straight double-digit point games.
Albany Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jacob Iati and Peter Hooley) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- Peter Hooley accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jacob Iati has led the team in scoring 10 times in 35 games this season.
- Peter Hooley has led the team in rebounding five times in 35 games this season.
- Mike Black has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jacob Iati set a career high with six assists.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Luke Devlin.