|California||A Crabbe 18.7||D Kravish 7.0||J Cobbs 4.8|
|Syracuse||C Fair 14.3||C Fair 7.0||M Carter-Williams 7.8|
No. 4-seeded Syracuse matches up against 12th-seeded California in the third round of the NCAA Tournament at HP Pavilion on Saturday. It gets started at 9:40 p.m. ET and you can catch it on TBS. The Orange defeated the Golden Bears 95-73 the last time they met (Nov. 19, 2009).
In an 81-34 beatdown of Montana on Mar. 21, Brandon Triche put up 20 points for the Orange. He is putting up 13.9 points per game while also averaging 3.6 assists per game. For the Golden Bears, Allen Crabbe put up 19 points and nine rebounds in the 64-61 win over UNLV on Mar. 21. With 18.7 points per game and 1.2 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Rakeem Christmas is ranked 48th nationally in blocks.
- Syracuse has more wins over the last 5 years than California (164 vs. 125).
- The Syracuse rebounding leader (C.J. Fair, 229 rebounds) has more rebounds than the California rebounding leader (David Kravish, 210 rebounds).
- Be afraid. Syracuse has blown out more teams than California this season (12 blowouts vs. two).
- Syracuse has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than California (eight vs. five).
- Over the past 10 years, Syracuse has had more players drafted by the NBA than California (10 vs. three).
- Syracuse is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Syracuse is 79.1 inches compared to 78.0 inches for California.
- Syracuse has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (74.5 percent to 57.0 percent).
- The Syracuse basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than California (54 percent vs. 30 percent).
- Syracuse has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than California (16 vs. two).