|Robert Morris||K Anderson 12.3||L Jones 6.0||V Jones 5.2|
|Providence||B Cotton 19.6||L Henton 8.4||V Council 6.9|
No. 4-seeded Providence takes on No. 8-seeded Robert Morris in the second round of the NIT at Dunkin' Donuts Center on Monday. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET and you can see it on ESPN News. The Friars have not played the Colonials since the 1992-93 season, when they won 78-49.
The Friars got past Charlotte 75-66 on Mar. 20 with the help of 25 points from Bryce Cotton. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 19.6 points per contest. For the Colonials, Russell Johnson finished with 14 points and five rebounds in the 59-57 win over Kentucky on Mar. 19. He is averaging 10.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.9 steals per game.
Robert Morris StatSmack
- A for effort, but Providence has emerged victorious against Robert Morris the last two times they've played.
- Providence embarrassed Robert Morris by 29 points the last time they played (Dec 03, 1992).
- Diaper Dandies love Providence. Providence has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Robert Morris (4 vs. 0).
- AP voters think more highly of Providence and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Robert Morris (14 vs. three).
- Since 1998, Providence has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Robert Morris (two vs. zero).
- The Providence rebounding leader (LaDontae Henton, 259 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Robert Morris rebounding leader (Lucky Jones, 195 rebounds).
- Bryce Cotton is ranked 42nd nationally in points and 21st nationally in three-pointers.
- Over the past 10 years, Providence has had more players drafted by the NBA than Robert Morris (four vs. zero).
- The Providence scoring leader (Bryce Cotton, 562 points) has more points than the Robert Morris scoring leader (Karvel Anderson, 393 points).
- Providence is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Providence is 201 lbs compared to 187 lbs for Robert Morris.
- The Providence three-point leader (Bryce Cotton, 88 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Robert Morris three-point leader (Karvel Anderson, 78 three-pointers).