|Colorado State||C Iverson 14.4||C Iverson 9.9||D Green 3.8|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.2||G Dieng 9.8||P Siva 5.9|
No. 8-seeded Colorado State matches up against No. 1-seeded Louisville in the third round of the NCAA Tournament at Rupp Arena on Saturday. It takes place at 5:15 p.m. ET and you can see it on CBS.
The Rams got past Missouri 84-72 on Mar. 21 with the help of 26 points from Dorian Green. He tallies 13.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.8 assists per game. In a 79-48 blowout of North Carolina A&T on Mar. 21, Russ Smith put up 23 points and eight steals for the Cardinals. His 18.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
- The Colorado State rebounding leader (Colton Iverson, 306 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Louisville rebounding leader (Gorgui Dieng, 242 rebounds).
- The Colorado State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Louisville (73 percent vs. 50 percent).
- The Mountain West has 2 teams - Boise State (39.3 percent) and Air Force (38.2 percent) - that shoot a better three-point percentage than the Big East leader, Notre Dame (37.6 percent).
- The worst team in the Mountain West has a higher RPI than the worst team in the Big East (No. 164 vs. No. 203).
- Colton Iverson is ranked 15th nationally in rebounds.
- The Colorado State three-point leader (Wes Eikmeier, 51 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Louisville three-point leader (Luke Hancock, 47 three-pointers).
- Last year the Mountain West performed much better in non-conference close games than the Big East (80.6 percent vs. 59.6 percent).
- Louisville has been ducking Colorado State for over 30 years.
- Pierce Hornung is ranked 36th nationally in rebounds.
|D+||Joe De Ciman||5||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|C||S. Van Treese||11||2||3||0||0||0||0|