Stony Brook vs. Iowa: Full Game Preview
|Stony Brook||J Warney 12.2||T Brenton 8.5||T Brenton 4.8|
|Iowa||R Devyn Marble 14.4||A White 6.1||A Clemmons 2.9|
No. 3-seeded Iowa battles No. 7-seeded Stony Brook in the second round of the NIT at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Friday. Tipoff is at 9:30 p.m. ET and it can be seen on ESPN U.
In a 68-52 triumph over Indiana State on Mar. 20, Roy Devyn Marble put up 24 points and five rebounds for the Hawkeyes. He leads the team with 14.4 points per game. In a 71-58 victory over Massachusetts on Mar. 20, Dave Coley put up 20 points and five rebounds for the Seawolves. He contributes 4.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.1 points per game. Stony Brook can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.1 and turnover percentage at 18.3.
Stony Brook StatSmack
- Iowa has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Stony Brook (two vs. zero).
- Iowa has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (51.9 percent to 46.5 percent).
- AP voters think more highly of Iowa and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Stony Brook (25 vs. zero).
- Diaper Dandies love Iowa. Iowa has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Stony Brook (11 vs. 0).
- Iowa has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Stony Brook this season (four vs. zero).
- The Iowa scoring leader (Roy Devyn Marble, 424 points) has more points than the Stony Brook scoring leader (Jameel Warney, 375 points).
- Iowa has a stronger schedule than Stony Brook this season (SOS Rank: No. 103 vs. No. 285).
- Stony Brook has been ducking Iowa for over 30 years.
- Since 1998, Iowa has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Stony Brook (eight vs. zero).
- Even computers respect Iowa more. Iowa has a better RPI this season than Stony Brook (RPI: No. 74 vs. No. 90).
- Over the past 10 years, Iowa has had more players drafted by the NBA than Stony Brook (one vs. zero).