No. 13-seeded Montana was destroyed by No. 4-seeded Syracuse 81-34 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on an evening when they shot only 20.4 percent. The Grizzlies got three points and five rebounds from Michael Weisner. Jordan Gregory had five points and added two rebounds. Brandon Triche got a game-high 20 points (4 Ast 4 Stl) on 83.3 percent shooting for the Orange. Montana closes out the season with a 25-7 record. The Grizzlies got to the NCAA Tournament as the Big Sky champion after beating Weber State 67-64 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished first in the Big Sky with a 19-1 record in conference play.
Montana Game Notes
- Prior to this game, UM played six Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 0-6.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Montana has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Montana has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Montana has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- The Grizzlies set a season high for turnovers (17).
- UM set season lows for assists (five), field goals made (11), field goal percentage (20.4), free throws made (eight), three-point percentage (12.9), and total points (34).
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 32 games this season.
- Will Cherry has led the team in rebounding in five out of 32 games this season.
Syracuse Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brandon Triche and C.J. Fair) accounted for 40.7 percent of the points.
- Brandon Triche has led the team in scoring nine times in 36 games this season.
- Michael Carter-Williams has led the team in rebounding five times in 36 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Brandon Triche's career.
- Brandon Triche has five straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Triche set career highs with a 100 percent three-point percentage and four steals.