(23-11, 2-8 away)
Colorado State 84
(26-8, 16-1 home)
Venue: Rupp Arena
9:34PM ET / 6:34PM PT, March 21, 2013
||P Pressey 20
||L Bowers 4
||P Pressey 7
||D Green 26
||C Iverson 13
||P Hornung 2
No. 9-seeded Missouri was outrebounded 42-19 by No. 8-seeded Colorado State and was defeated by the Rams 84-72 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 21. Phil Pressey got a team-high 20 points (7 Ast 3 Stl) in a losing effort. Alex Oriakhi also put in a solid contribution, scoring 16 points and adding two rebounds. For the Rams, Dorian Green got a season-high 26 points and two rebounds. Missouri closes out the season with a 23-11 record. The Tigers got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Ole Miss 64-62 in the SEC Tournament. In the regular season, they finished fifth in the SEC with an 11-7 record in conference play.
Missouri Game Notes
- The last time Mizzou started the season 23-11 was 2009.
- When the opposition records 84 or more total points this season, Missouri has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.0 percent or better this season, Missouri has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- Mizzou set season lows for rebounds (19) and turnovers (five).
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Missouri has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Phil Pressey and Alex Oriakhi) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Laurence Bowers and Tony Criswell) accounted for 42.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Phil Pressey has led the team in scoring in eight out of 34 games this season.
- Laurence Bowers has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 34 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Phil Pressey's career.
- Alex Oriakhi has three straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Oriakhi had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Colorado State Game Notes
- Dorian Green recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- Dorian Green accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's points.
- Colton Iverson accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dorian Green has led the team in scoring 10 times in 34 games this season.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 34 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Dorian Green's career.
- Dorian Green set a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Wes Eikmeier has four straight double-digit point games.
- Colton Iverson recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Colton Iverson.