(23-11, 2-8 away)
Colorado State 84
(26-8, 16-1 home)
Venue: Rupp Arena
9:34PM ET / 6:34PM PT, March 21, 2013
||P Pressey 20
||L Bowers 4
||P Pressey 7
||D Green 26
||C Iverson 13
||P Hornung 2
No. 8-seeded Colorado State outrebounded No. 9-seeded Missouri 42 to 19 and knocked off the Tigers 84-72 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 21. Dorian Green played well for the Rams and put up a season-high 26 points and two rebounds. Colton Iverson also had a solid game, scoring four points and adding 13 rebounds. For the Tigers, Phil Pressey finished with a team-high 20 points (7 Ast 3 Stl). Missouri wraps up the season with a 23-11 record. The Tigers got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Ole Miss 64-62 in the SEC Tournament In the regular season, they finished fifth in the SEC with an 11-7 conference record. Colorado State (26-8, 11-5 Mountain West) takes on No. 1-seeded Louisville (30-5, 14-4 Big East) in the third round on Saturday, Mar. 23.
Colorado State Game Notes
- CSU beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- The Rams have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 84 or more total points.
- Colorado State has won every game this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.0 percent or better.
- CSU has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after holding an opponent to under 30.4 percent three-point percentage.
- CSU has won 85 percent of the time this season (17-3) when opponents record three or fewer blocks.
- This season Colorado State has won 77 percent of the time (17-5) when Wes Eikmeier has 11 points or more, 71 percent of the time (15-6) when Dorian Green plays 34 minutes or more, and 88 percent of the time (14-2) when Greg Smith has five field goals made or more.
- CSU set a season low for steals (one).
- The Rams have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Dorian Green recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- Dorian Green accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's points.
- Colton Iverson accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dorian Green has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 34 games this season.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 34 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Dorian Green's career.
- Dorian Green had a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Wes Eikmeier has four straight double-digit point games.
- Colton Iverson recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Colton Iverson.
Missouri Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Phil Pressey and Alex Oriakhi) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Laurence Bowers and Tony Criswell) accounted for 42.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Phil Pressey has led the team in scoring eight times in 34 games this season.
- Laurence Bowers has led the team in rebounding eight times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Phil Pressey's career.
- Alex Oriakhi has three straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Oriakhi set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.