(22-10, 8-7 away)
(24-12, 18-3 home)
Venue: Comcast Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 21, 2013
||C Udofia 24
||C Hallam 6
||R O`Neale 5
||D Wells 19
||C Mitchell 6
||N Faust 2
On Thursday, Mar. 21, No. 3-seeded Denver took on No. 2-seeded Maryland and was knocked off by the Terrapins 62-52 in the second round of the NIT. Chris Udofia got a game-high 24 points and six rebounds for the Pioneers. Chase Hallam had eight points and added six rebounds. For the Terrapins, Dezmine Wells finished with a team-high 19 points and four rebounds. Denver closes out the season with a 22-10 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the WAC with a 16-2 record in conference play. Denver got the best of No. 6-seeded Ohio 61-57 in the first round.
Denver Game Notes
- Denver has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 12 or fewer assists.
- The Pioneers have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0 percent or worse.
- The Pioneers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- Denver has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- This is the first loss of the season where the Pioneers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Chris Udofia accounted for 46.1 percent of the team's points.
- Chris Udofia has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 32 games this season.
- Chase Hallam has led the team in rebounding in four out of 32 games this season.
- Brett Olson has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Chris Udofia's career.
- Chris Udofia has 12 straight double-digit point games.
Maryland Game Notes
- Dezmine Wells accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- Dezmine Wells has led the team in scoring 14 times in 36 games this season.
- Nick Faust has led the team in rebounding five times in 36 games this season.
- Dezmine Wells has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Faust has seven straight double-digit point games.