(22-10, 8-7 away)
(24-12, 18-3 home)
Venue: Comcast Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 21, 2013
||C Udofia 24
||C Hallam 6
||R O`Neale 5
||D Wells 19
||C Mitchell 6
||N Faust 2
On Thursday, Mar. 21, No. 2-seeded Maryland got the win against No. 3-seeded Denver 62-52 in the second round of the NIT. The Terrapins were led by Dezmine Wells, who put up a team-high 19 points and four rebounds. Nick Faust had 12 points and added six rebounds. For the Pioneers, Chris Udofia finished with a game-high 24 points and six rebounds. Denver wraps up the season with a 22-10 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the WAC with a 16-2 conference record. Denver took down No. 6-seeded Ohio 61-57 in the first round. Maryland (24-12, 8-10 ACC) takes on No. 1-seeded Alabama (22-12, 12-6 SEC) in the quarterfinals on Tuesday, Mar. 26.
Maryland Game Notes
- Maryland beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Terrapins have beaten the spread.
- The Terrapins have won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- Maryland has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- Maryland has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after holding an opponent to under 27.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Maryland has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Dezmine Wells has 19 points or more, 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Nick Faust plays 31 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Seth Allen has six field goals made or more.
- The Terrapins have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Terrapins came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 21st game at home this season--Maryland has a 12.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Dezmine Wells accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- Dezmine Wells has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 36 games this season.
- Nick Faust has led the team in rebounding in five out of 36 games this season.
- Dezmine Wells has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Faust has seven straight double-digit point games.
Denver Game Notes
- Chris Udofia accounted for 46.1 percent of the team's points.
- Chris Udofia has led the team in scoring 11 times in 32 games this season.
- Chase Hallam has led the team in rebounding four times in 32 games this season.
- Brett Olson has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Chris Udofia's career.
- Chris Udofia has 12 straight double-digit point games.