(21-11, 6-5 away)
(25-10, 17-2 home)
Venue: HP Pavilion
7:45PM ET / 4:45PM PT, March 21, 2013
||A Crabbe 19
||A Crabbe 9
||J Cobbs 6
||B Dejean-Jones 15
||A Bennett 11
||A Marshall 6
On Thursday, Mar. 21, No. 5-seeded UNLV let one slip away to No. 12-seeded California 64-61 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. With the loss, the season series with California is now even at 1-1. Anthony Bennett earned a double-double for the Rebels with a team-high 15 points and 11 rebounds. Anthony Marshall had seven points and added seven rebounds. Allen Crabbe got a game-high 19 points and nine rebounds for the Golden Bears. UNLV closes out the season with a 25-10 record. The Rebels got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to New Mexico 63-56 in the Mountain West Tournament. In the regular season, they finished third in the Mountain West with a 10-6 record in conference play.
UNLV Game Notes
- The Rebels have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UNLV is 31-21 in close games.
- UNLV has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.1 percent or better this season, UNLV has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 45.5 percent or better this season, UNLV has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- UNLV set a season low for field goal percentage (32.2).
- The top two scorers (Bryce Dejean-Jones and Anthony Bennett) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Bennett and Mike Moser) accounted for 47.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones has led the team in scoring in five out of 35 games this season.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 35 games this season.
- Anthony Bennett recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Anthony Bennett has four straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Bennett recorded a double-double. It was the 12th of his career.
- Katin Reinhardt has three straight double-digit point games.
California Game Notes
- The Golden Bears won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, California is 30-29 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Allen Crabbe and Justin Cobbs) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (David Kravish and Allen Crabbe) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Allen Crabbe has led the team in scoring 20 times in 32 games this season.
- David Kravish has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 32 games this season.
- Justin Cobbs has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Cobbs set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Allen Crabbe has three straight double-digit point games.