(21-11, 6-5 away)
(25-10, 17-2 home)
Venue: HP Pavilion
7:45PM ET / 4:45PM PT, March 21, 2013
||A Crabbe 19
||A Crabbe 9
||J Cobbs 6
||B Dejean-Jones 15
||A Bennett 11
||A Marshall 6
No. 12-seeded California squared off with No. 5-seeded UNLV on Thursday, Mar. 21 and slipped by the Rebels 64-61 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. With the win, the Golden Bears even up the season series against UNLV at 1-1. Allen Crabbe played well for the Golden Bears and got a game-high 19 points and nine rebounds. Justin Cobbs had 13 points and added six assists. Anthony Bennett registered a double-double for the Rebels with a team-high 15 points and 11 rebounds. UNLV wraps up the season with a 25-10 record. The Rebels got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to New Mexico 63-56 in the Mountain West Tournament In the regular season, they finished third in the Mountain West with a 10-6 conference record. California (21-11, 12-6 Pac-12) goes up against No. 4-seeded Syracuse (26-9, 11-7 Big East) in the third round on Saturday, Mar. 23.
California Game Notes
- California beat the spread by six points. That makes the 14th time this season the Golden Bears have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Bears have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, California is 30-29 in close games.
- The Golden Bears have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 18 or more assists.
- California has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 45.5 percent or better.
- California has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- California has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season California has won 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Richard Solomon has 11 points or more, 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Justin Cobbs has five rebounds or more, and 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Tyrone Wallace has four assists or more.
- California has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Allen Crabbe and Justin Cobbs) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (David Kravish and Allen Crabbe) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Allen Crabbe has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 32 games this season.
- David Kravish has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 32 games this season.
- Justin Cobbs has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Cobbs had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Allen Crabbe has three straight double-digit point games.
UNLV Game Notes
- The Rebels have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UNLV is 31-21 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Bryce Dejean-Jones and Anthony Bennett) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Bennett and Mike Moser) accounted for 47.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones has led the team in scoring five times in 35 games this season.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 35 games this season.
- Anthony Bennett recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Anthony Bennett has four straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Bennett recorded a double-double. It was the 12th of his career.
- Katin Reinhardt has three straight double-digit point games.