On an evening when they were outrebounded by the Wildcats 44-18, No. 11-seeded Belmont was smoked by No. 6-seeded Arizona 81-64 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Kerron Johnson put up a team-high 22 points and three assists for the Bruins. Ian Clark had 21 points. For the Wildcats, Kevin Parrom got 12 points and eight rebounds. Belmont closes out the season with a 26-7 record. The Bruins got to the NCAA Tournament as the Ohio Valley champion after beating Murray State 70-68 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished first in the Ohio Valley with a 14-2 record in conference play.
Belmont Game Notes
- The last time Belmont started the season 26-7 was 2011.
- Prior to this game, Belmont played 11 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 0-11.
- The Bruins have lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 39.2 percent or worse.
- Belmont set season lows for assists (seven), blocks (zero), field goals made (20), and rebounds (18).
- The Bruins have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- Belmont has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Kerron Johnson accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's points.
- Kerron Johnson has led the team in scoring in six out of 33 games this season.
- Trevor Noack has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Ian Clark's career.
- Ian Clark has six straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Kerron Johnson's career.
- Kerron Johnson has four straight double-digit point games.
- J.J. Mann has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Brandon Baker.
Arizona Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mark Lyons and Nick Johnson) accounted for 43.2 percent of the points.
- Mark Lyons has led the team in scoring 15 times in 33 games this season.
- Kaleb Tarczewski has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Mark Lyons's career.
- Mark Lyons has three straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Johnson has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Kaleb Tarczewski.