On Thursday, Mar. 21, No. 6-seeded Arizona outrebounded No. 11-seeded Belmont 44-18 and easily beat the Bruins 81-64 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Kevin Parrom played well for the Wildcats and put up 12 points and eight rebounds. Kaleb Tarczewski also had an excellent game, scoring 12 points and adding eight rebounds. Kerron Johnson got a team-high 22 points and three assists for the Bruins. Belmont wraps up the season with a 26-7 record. The Bruins got to the NCAA Tournament as the Ohio Valley champion after beating Murray State 70-68 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished first in the Ohio Valley with a 14-2 conference record. Arizona (26-7, 12-6 Pac-12) takes on No. 14-seeded Harvard (19-9, 11-3 Ivy League) in the third round on Saturday, Mar. 23.
Arizona Game Notes
- The last time Arizona started the season 26-7 was 2000.
- Arizona beat the spread by 12.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Arizona has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after committing 16 or fewer turnovers.
- Arizona has won every game this season (18-0) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- Arizona has won every game this season (14-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Arizona has won 89 percent of the time (17-2) when Nick Johnson has 12 points or more, 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Kevin Parrom plays 30 minutes or more, and 89 percent of the time (16-2) when Mark Lyons has four free throws made or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past eight games.
- The top two scorers (Mark Lyons and Nick Johnson) accounted for 43.2 percent of the points.
- Mark Lyons has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 33 games this season.
- Kaleb Tarczewski has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Mark Lyons's career.
- Mark Lyons has three straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Johnson has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Kaleb Tarczewski.
Belmont Game Notes
- Kerron Johnson accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's points.
- Kerron Johnson has led the team in scoring six times in 33 games this season.
- Trevor Noack has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Ian Clark's career.
- Ian Clark has six straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Kerron Johnson's career.
- Kerron Johnson has four straight double-digit point games.
- J.J. Mann has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Brandon Baker.