South Dakota State 56
(25-10, 7-9 away)
(10) Michigan 71
(27-7, 17-1 home)
Venue: The Palace of Auburn Hills
7:15PM ET / 4:15PM PT, March 21, 2013
|South Dakota State
|South Dakota State
||B Carlson 20
||J Dykstra 9
||N Wolters 6
||G Robinson III 21
||M McGary 9
||T Burke 7
No. 13-seeded South Dakota State was easily defeated by No. 4-seeded Michigan 71-56 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 21. The Jackrabbits got a team-high 20 points and eight rebounds from Brayden Carlson. Jordan Dykstra had 12 points and added nine rebounds. Glenn Robinson III finished with a team-high 21 points and six rebounds for the Wolverines. South Dakota State closes out the season with a 25-10 record. The Jackrabbits got to the NCAA Tournament as the Summit League champion after beating North Dakota State 73-67 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished first in the Summit League with a 13-3 record in conference play.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- Prior to this game, SDSU played five Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 1-4.
- South Dakota State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording four or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.9 percent or better this season, South Dakota State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- SDSU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Jackrabbits have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- South Dakota State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- Brayden Carlson accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- Jordan Dykstra accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brayden Carlson has led the team in scoring in three out of 35 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 35 games this season.
- Nate Wolters has 25 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Brayden Carlson's career.
- Brayden Carlson had career highs with eight field goals made and eight rebounds.
- Tony Fiegen has five straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Fiegen had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Michigan Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Glenn Robinson III and Tim Hardaway Jr) accounted for 59.1 percent of the points.
- Mitch McGary accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Glenn Robinson III has led the team in scoring three times in 34 games this season.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Tim Hardaway Jr's career.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Glenn Robinson III's career.
|A+||G. Robinson III||37||21||6||0||1||0||0|
|A||Tim Hardaway Jr||39||21||4||1||1||0||1|