South Dakota State 56
(25-10, 7-9 away)
(10) Michigan 71
(27-7, 17-1 home)
Venue: The Palace of Auburn Hills
7:15PM ET / 4:15PM PT, March 21, 2013
|South Dakota State
|South Dakota State
||B Carlson 20
||J Dykstra 9
||N Wolters 6
||G Robinson III 21
||M McGary 9
||T Burke 7
On Thursday, Mar. 21, No. 4-seeded Michigan easily got past No. 13-seeded South Dakota State 71-56 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The Wolverines were led by Glenn Robinson III, who put up a team-high 21 points and six rebounds. Tim Hardaway Jr was solid from three-point range, going five for seven on the way to a game-high 21 points. For the Jackrabbits, Brayden Carlson finished with a team-high 20 points and eight rebounds. South Dakota State wraps up the season with a 25-10 record. The Jackrabbits got to the NCAA Tournament as the Summit League champion after beating North Dakota State 73-67 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished first in the Summit League with a 13-3 conference record. Michigan (27-7, 12-6 Big Ten) goes up against No. 5-seeded Virginia Commonwealth (26-8, 12-4 A-10) in the third round on Saturday, Mar. 23.
Michigan Game Notes
- Michigan beat the spread by four points. That makes the 16th time this season the Wolverines have beaten the spread.
- The Wolverines have won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after recording nine or more three-pointers.
- Michigan has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.9 percent or better.
- Michigan has won 82 percent of the time this season (14-3) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- Michigan has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- Michigan has won 83 percent of the time this season (19-4) after holding an opponent to under 44.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Michigan has won 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Tim Hardaway Jr has 21 points or more, 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Glenn Robinson III has eight field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (8-0) when Mitch McGary has nine rebounds or more.
- The top two scorers (Glenn Robinson III and Tim Hardaway Jr) accounted for 59.1 percent of the points.
- Mitch McGary accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Glenn Robinson III has led the team in scoring in three out of 34 games this season.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 34 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Tim Hardaway Jr's career.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Glenn Robinson III's career.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- Brayden Carlson accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- Jordan Dykstra accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brayden Carlson has led the team in scoring three times in 35 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 35 games this season.
- Nate Wolters has 25 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Brayden Carlson's career.
- Brayden Carlson set career highs with eight field goals made and eight rebounds.
- Tony Fiegen has five straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Fiegen set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|A+||G. Robinson III||37||21||6||0||1||0||0|
|A||Tim Hardaway Jr||39||21||4||1||1||0||1|