(25) Oregon 68
(27-8, 6-5 away)
(17) Oklahoma State 55
(24-9, 15-2 home)
Venue: HP Pavilion
4:49PM ET / 1:49PM PT, March 21, 2013
||D Dotson 17
||A Kazemi 17
||J Loyd 3
||M Brown 16
||M Smart 9
||M Smart 4
No. 12-seeded Oregon squared off with No. 5-seeded Oklahoma State on Thursday, Mar. 21 and defeated the Cowboys 68-55 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Arsalan Kazemi secured a double-double for the Ducks including 11 points and 17 rebounds. Carlos Emory had 12 points and added nine rebounds. For the Cowboys, Marcus Smart finished with 14 points and nine rebounds (5 Stl 4 Ast). Oklahoma State wraps up the season with a 24-9 record. The Cowboys got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Kansas State 68-57 in the Big 12 Tournament In the regular season, they finished third in the Big 12 with a 13-5 conference record. Oregon (27-8, 12-6 Pac-12) goes up against No. 4-seeded Saint Louis (28-6, 13-3 A-10) in the third round on Saturday, Mar. 23.
Oregon Game Notes
- The win over Oklahoma State extended the Oregon winning streak to four games.
- Oregon beat the spread by 16 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Ducks have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Oregon played 26 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 9-17.
- Oregon has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when its three-point percentage has been 36.4 percent or better.
- The Ducks have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording eight or more three-pointers.
- Oregon has won 86 percent of the time this season (19-3) when opponents record 32 or fewer rebounds.
- Oregon has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after holding an opponent to under 29.4 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Oregon has won 87 percent of the time (13-2) when Arsalan Kazemi has 11 points or more and 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Damyean Dotson has six field goals made or more.
- The top two scorers (Damyean Dotson and Dominic Artis) accounted for 44.1 percent of the points.
- Arsalan Kazemi accounted for 38.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Damyean Dotson has led the team in scoring in nine out of 35 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 35 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded the 65th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 55th of his career.
- Damyean Dotson has four straight double-digit point games.
- Carlos Emory has three straight double-digit point games.
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Markel Brown and Marcus Smart) accounted for 54.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Marcus Smart and Kamari Murphy) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Markel Brown has led the team in scoring 13 times in 33 games this season.
- Marcus Smart has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 33 games this season.
- Marcus Smart has six straight double-digit point games.
- Le`Bryan Nash has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Le`Bryan Nash set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.