(25) Oregon 68
(27-8, 6-5 away)
(17) Oklahoma State 55
(24-9, 15-2 home)
Venue: HP Pavilion
4:49PM ET / 1:49PM PT, March 21, 2013
||D Dotson 17
||A Kazemi 17
||J Loyd 3
||M Brown 16
||M Smart 9
||M Smart 4
No. 5-seeded Oklahoma State fell to No. 12-seeded Oregon 68-55 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 21. The Cowboys were paced by Marcus Smart, who put up 14 points and nine rebounds (5 Stl 4 Ast). Markel Brown got a team-high 16 points and added three assists. Arsalan Kazemi recorded a double-double for the Ducks on 11 points and 17 rebounds. Oklahoma State closes out the season with a 24-9 record. The Cowboys got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Kansas State 68-57 in the Big 12 Tournament. In the regular season, they finished third in the Big 12 with a 13-5 record in conference play.
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- Prior to this game, OSU played 52 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 14-38.
- Oklahoma State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording eight or fewer free throws made.
- The top two scorers (Markel Brown and Marcus Smart) accounted for 54.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Marcus Smart and Kamari Murphy) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Markel Brown has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 33 games this season.
- Marcus Smart has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 33 games this season.
- Marcus Smart has six straight double-digit point games.
- Le`Bryan Nash has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Le`Bryan Nash had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Oregon Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Damyean Dotson and Dominic Artis) accounted for 44.1 percent of the points.
- Arsalan Kazemi accounted for 38.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Damyean Dotson has led the team in scoring nine times in 35 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 35 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded the 65th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 55th of his career.
- Damyean Dotson has four straight double-digit point games.
- Carlos Emory has three straight double-digit point games.