New Mexico State 44
(24-11, 6-8 away)
(13) Saint Louis 64
(28-6, 17-2 home)
Venue: HP Pavilion
2:10PM ET / 11:10AM PT, March 21, 2013
|New Mexico State
|New Mexico State
||B Sy 17
||S Bhullar 11
||D Mullings 4
||D Evans 24
||C Remekun 6
||J Jett 7
No. 13-seeded New Mexico State was trounced by No. 4-seeded Saint Louis 64-44 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament in a game where they shot only 27.9 percent. Bandja Sy put up a team-high 17 points and nine rebounds in the Aggies loss. Renaldo Dixon scored two points and added eight rebounds. Dwayne Evans finished with a game-high 24 points and six rebounds for the Billikens. New Mexico State closes out the season with a 24-11 record. The Aggies got to the NCAA Tournament as the WAC champion after beating Texas-Arlington 64-55 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished third in the WAC with a 14-4 record in conference play.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- Prior to this game, NMSU played nine Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 0-9.
- The Aggies have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a three-point percentage of 12.5 percent or worse.
- New Mexico State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording 17 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, New Mexico State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- NMSU set season lows for field goal percentage (27.9) and total points (44).
- The Aggies have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past eight games.
- New Mexico State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- Bandja Sy recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 20.
- Bandja Sy accounted for 38.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Sim Bhullar and Bandja Sy) accounted for 47.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Bandja Sy has led the team in scoring in nine out of 35 games this season.
- Sim Bhullar has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 35 games this season.
- Bandja Sy had a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
- Sim Bhullar recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- Dwayne Evans recorded a team season high in field goals made with 11.
- Dwayne Evans accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's points.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in scoring 12 times in 34 games this season.
- Cory Remekun has led the team in rebounding five times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Dwayne Evans's career.
- Dwayne Evans has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Evans set a career high with 11 field goals made.
|D||Terrel de Rouen||24||2||1||2||0||0||2|
|C||Mike McCall Jr||23||4||2||0||1||0||0|