Wichita State 73
(27-8, 7-5 away)
(20) Pittsburgh 55
(24-9, 16-3 home)
Venue: EnergySolutions Arena
1:40PM ET / 10:40AM PT, March 21, 2013
||M Armstead 22
||C Early 7
||M Armstead 5
||S Adams 13
||S Adams 11
||J Robinson 3
No. 8-seeded Pittsburgh was punished by No. 9-seeded Wichita State 73-55 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 21. Steven Adams picked up a double-double in the Panthers loss with a team-high 13 points and 11 rebounds. Talib Zanna scored four points and added seven rebounds. For the Shockers, Malcolm Armstead got a game-high 22 points and five assists. Pittsburgh closes out the season with a 24-9 record. The Panthers got to the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team after falling to Syracuse 62-59 in the Big East Tournament. In the regular season, they finished fourth in the Big East with a 12-6 record in conference play.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- The last time Pittsburgh started the season 24-9 was 2007.
- The Panthers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 5.9 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Pittsburgh has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Pittsburgh set a season low for assists (eight).
- The Panthers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- Pittsburgh has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- Steven Adams accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Steven Adams has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 33 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Tray Woodall.
- Steven Adams recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Steven Adams recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Lamar Patterson.
Wichita State Game Notes
- Malcolm Armstead accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- Malcolm Armstead has led the team in scoring five times in 35 games this season.
- Cleanthony Early has led the team in rebounding eight times in 35 games this season.
- Tekele Cotton set a career high with five steals.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Cleanthony Early's career.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Malcolm Armstead's career.
- Malcolm Armstead has three straight double-digit point games.
- Carl Hall has five straight double-digit point games.
|C||Fred Van Vleet||14||1||3||1||0||0||0|