Stephen F. Austin 57
(27-5, 11-4 away)
(19-14, 12-5 home)
Venue: Maples Pavilion
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, March 19, 2013
|Stephen F. Austin
|Stephen F. Austin
||T Smith 18
||T Smith 7
||H Bateman 7
||D Powell 12
||D Powell 15
||A Bright 3
On Tuesday, Mar. 19, No. 5-seeded Stephen F. Austin took on No. 4-seeded Stanford and let one slip away to the Cardinal 58-57 in the first round of the NIT. Taylor Smith put up a game-high 18 points and seven rebounds in the Lumberjacks loss. Antonio Bostic had 15 points and added six rebounds. Dwight Powell registered a double-double for the Cardinal on a team-high 12 points and 15 rebounds. Stephen F. Austin closes out the season with a 27-5 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the Southland with a 16-2 record in conference play.
Stephen F. Austin Game Notes
- SFA beat the spread by six points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Lumberjacks have beaten the spread.
- The Lumberjacks have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Stephen F. Austin is 27-22 in close games.
- SFA set a season low for blocks (one).
- This is the third loss of the season where the Lumberjacks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Taylor Smith accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Taylor Smith and Antonio Bostic) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Taylor Smith has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 26 times in 32 games this season.
- Taylor Smith has four straight double-digit point games.
- Desmond Haymon has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Antonio Bostic has seven straight double-digit point games.
Stanford Game Notes
- The Cardinal won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Stanford is 23-28 in close games.
- Dwight Powell accounted for 45.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dwight Powell has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 17 times in 33 games this season.
- Dwight Powell recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dwight Powell has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwight Powell recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 13th of his career.
- Dwight Powell set a career high with four blocks.
- Aaron Bright has three straight double-digit point games.