Louisiana Tech 71
(27-6, 11-5 away)
Florida State 66
(18-16, 10-8 home)
Venue: Donald L. Tucker Center
7:15PM ET / 4:15PM PT, March 19, 2013
||R Appleby 27
||B Gibson 8
||K Smith 4
||M Snaer 24
||O White 6
||T Shannon 4
On Tuesday, Mar. 19, No. 4-seeded Florida State took on No. 5-seeded Louisiana Tech and fell to the Bulldogs 71-66 in the first round of the NIT. The Seminoles were paced by Michael Snaer, who got a team-high 24 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. Okaro White had 11 points and added six rebounds. Alex Hamilton got 16 points and four rebounds for the Bulldogs. Florida State closes out the season with an 18-16 record. In the regular season, they finished sixth in the ACC with a 9-9 record in conference play.
Florida State Game Notes
- The Seminoles have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida State is 48-24 in close games.
- Florida State has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- Florida State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, Florida State has lost 88 percent of the time (2-14).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Florida State has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.0 percent or better this season, Florida State has lost 75 percent of the time (4-12).
- This is the second loss of the season where the Seminoles opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 18th game at home this season--FSU has a 1.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Snaer accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Okaro White and Terrance Shannon) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Snaer has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 34 games this season.
- Okaro White has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 34 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Michael Snaer's career.
- Michael Snaer has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Snaer had career highs with eight field goals made and five three-pointers.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- Raheem Appleby accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- Raheem Appleby has led the team in scoring 16 times in 33 games this season.
- Brandon Gibson has led the team in rebounding three times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Raheem Appleby's career.
- Michale Kyser set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|C||T. Whisnant II||11||4||0||0||0||0||0|