(21-12, 4-8 away)
Robert Morris 59
(24-10, 13-3 home)
Venue: Charles L. Sewall Center
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, March 19, 2013
||A Goodwin 18
||A Goodwin 7
||J Polson 3
||L Jones 15
||R Johnson 5
||V Jones 5
No. 8-seeded Robert Morris squared off with No. 1-seeded Kentucky on Tuesday, Mar. 19 and just barely beat the Wildcats 59-57 in the first round of the NIT. The Colonials were led by Russell Johnson, who put up 14 points and five rebounds. Velton Jones scored eight points and added five assists. Archie Goodwin got a game-high 18 points and seven rebounds for the Wildcats. Kentucky wraps up the season with a 21-12 record. In the regular season, they finished fourth in the SEC with a 12-6 conference record. Robert Morris (24-10, 14-4 NEC) goes up against No. 4-seeded Providence (17-14, 9-9 Big East) in the second round on Monday, Mar. 25.
Robert Morris Game Notes
- Robert Morris started 24-10 during the 2011 and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- RMU beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Colonials have beaten the spread.
- The Colonials have won eight close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Robert Morris is 43-21 in close games.
- Robert Morris has won every game this season (12-0) when its field goal percentage has been 45.5 percent or better.
- Robert Morris has won every game this season (8-0) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- RMU has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- RMU has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 20.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Robert Morris has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Russell Johnson has 14 points or more and 75 percent of the time (15-5) when Velton Jones has five assists or more.
- RMU set a season low for rebounds (19).
- The Colonials have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- Robert Morris has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--RMU has a 8.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Lucky Jones and Russell Johnson) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Russell Johnson and Velton Jones) accounted for 42.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Lucky Jones has led the team in scoring in seven out of 34 games this season.
- Russell Johnson has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 34 games this season.
- Lucky Jones has five straight double-digit point games.
Kentucky Game Notes
- The Wildcats have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Kentucky is 30-20 in close games.
- Archie Goodwin accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Archie Goodwin and Willie Cauley-Stein) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Archie Goodwin has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding three times in 33 games this season.
- Archie Goodwin has eight straight double-digit point games.