(24-10, 7-7 away)
(22-9, 14-2 home)
Venue: Magness Arena
9:15PM ET / 6:15PM PT, March 19, 2013
||D Cooper 16
||I Baltic 15
||D Cooper 4
||B Olson 15
||C Griffin 10
||R O`Neale 3
On Tuesday, Mar. 19, No. 6-seeded Ohio took on No. 3-seeded Denver and suffered a loss to the Pioneers 61-57 in the first round of the NIT. Jon Smith put up four points and six rebounds in the Bobcats loss. D.J Cooper got a game-high 16 points and added four assists. Cam Griffin registered a double-double for the Pioneers on a career-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. Ohio closes out the season with a 24-10 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the MAC with a 14-2 record in conference play.
Ohio Game Notes
- Ohio beat the spread by three points. That makes the 14th time this season the Bobcats have beaten the spread.
- The Bobcats have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Ohio is 34-33 in close games.
- Ohio has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Bobcats have lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after having a field goal percentage of 41.5 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.7 percent or better this season, Ohio has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Ohio set a season low for steals (two).
- The Bobcats have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Bobcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Ivo Baltic recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15 and defensive rebounds with 15.
- The top two scorers (D.J Cooper and Reggie Keely) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Ivo Baltic accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (23) than the starters (nine).
- D.J Cooper has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 34 games this season.
- Ivo Baltic has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 34 games this season.
- Ivo Baltic recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ivo Baltic had career highs with 15 rebounds and 15 defensive rebounds.
- Reggie Keely has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for T.J. Hall.
Denver Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brett Olson and Chris Udofia) accounted for 47.5 percent of the points.
- Cam Griffin accounted for 43.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brett Olson has led the team in scoring nine times in 31 games this season.
- Cam Griffin has led the team in rebounding seven times in 31 games this season.
- Royce O`Neale set a career high with four blocks.
- Brett Olson has six straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Udofia has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Cam Griffin recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cam Griffin recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.