(18-16, 5-7 away)
Brigham Young 90
(22-11, 14-3 home)
Venue: Marriott Center
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 19, 2013
||C Wilcox 20
||S Kemp Jr 11
||A Gaddy 9
||T Haws 37
||B Davies 9
||M Carlino 9
No. 6-seeded Washington was defeated by No. 3-seeded Brigham Young 90-79 in the first round of the NIT on Tuesday, Mar. 19. Shawn Kemp Jr earned a double-double in the loss including 15 points and 11 rebounds. Abdul Gaddy had nine points and added nine assists. Tyler Haws put up his third straight game with 20 points or more for the Cougars, scoring a ridiculous 37 points (6 Reb 3 Ast) on 62.5 percent shooting in 38 minutes. Washington closes out the season with an 18-16 record. In the regular season, they finished eighth in the Pac-12 with a 9-9 record in conference play.
Washington Game Notes
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Washington has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Huskies set a season high for assists (18).
- The Huskies have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- Washington has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Huskies opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (C.J Wilcox and Shawn Kemp Jr) accounted for 44.3 percent of the points.
- Shawn Kemp Jr accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- C.J Wilcox has led the team in scoring in 21 out of 34 games this season.
- Shawn Kemp Jr has led the team in rebounding in three out of 34 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of C.J Wilcox's career.
- C.J Wilcox has three straight double-digit point games.
- Shawn Kemp Jr recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Shawn Kemp Jr recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- Tyler Haws recorded a team season high in field goals made with 15.
- Tyler Haws accounted for 41.1 percent of the team's points.
- Tyler Haws has led the team in scoring 19 times in 33 games this season.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- Tyler Haws has three straight 20+ point games.
- Tyler Haws set a career high with 15 field goals made.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Brandon Davies's career.
- Brandon Davies has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Matt Carlino's career.
- Matt Carlino has three straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Carlino set a career high with seven rebounds.
|A||Shawn Kemp Jr||32||15||11||0||0||1||0|