St John's 63
(17-15, 5-7 away)
Saint Joseph's 61
(18-14, 11-4 home)
Venue: Hagan Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 19, 2013
||J Sampson 16
||C Obekpa 8
||S Pointer 5
||C Jones 21
||H Kanacevic 12
||C Wilson 4
On Tuesday, Mar. 19, No. 4-seeded St. Joseph's (PA) lost by a slim margin to No. 5-seeded St. John's 63-61 in the first round of the NIT. The Hawks were paced by Carl Jones, who put up a game-high 21 points and four rebounds. Halil Kanacevic had six points and added 12 rebounds. For the Red Storm, Sir`Dominic Pointer got 15 points and seven rebounds (5 Ast 3 Blk). St. Joseph's (PA) closes out the season with an 18-14 record. In the regular season, they finished eighth in the A-10 with an 8-8 record in conference play.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- The last time StJoe started the season 18-14 was 2006.
- The Hawks have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Joseph's (PA) is 25-34 in close games.
- The Hawks have lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after having a field goal percentage of 38.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.2 percent or better this season, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Hawks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--StJoe has a 10.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Carl Jones accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's points.
- Halil Kanacevic accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Carl Jones has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 32 games this season.
- Halil Kanacevic has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 32 games this season.
- Langston Galloway has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Carl Jones's career.
- Carl Jones has three straight double-digit point games.
- Halil Kanacevic recorded the 29th double-digit rebound game of his career.
St. John's Game Notes
- The Red Storm won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, St. John's is 30-18 in close games.
- The top two scorers (JaKarr Sampson and Sir`Dominic Pointer) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Obekpa and Sir`Dominic Pointer) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- JaKarr Sampson has led the team in scoring 14 times in 32 games this season.
- Chris Obekpa has led the team in rebounding nine times in 32 games this season.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer set career highs with 15 points, six field goals made, three three-pointers, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- JaKarr Sampson has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Phil Greene IV has six straight double-digit point games.
|B||Phil Greene IV||34||10||2||3||0||0||0|
|B||R. Roberts Jr.||29||10||7||1||1||0||2|