Louisiana Tech 71
(27-6, 11-5 away)
Florida State 66
(18-16, 10-8 home)
Venue: Donald L. Tucker Center
7:15PM ET / 4:15PM PT, March 19, 2013
||R Appleby 27
||B Gibson 8
||K Smith 4
||M Snaer 24
||O White 6
||T Shannon 4
On Tuesday, Mar. 19, No. 5-seeded Louisiana Tech took on No. 4-seeded Florida State and defeated the Seminoles 71-66 in the first round of the NIT. The Bulldogs got the win with 16 points and four rebounds from Alex Hamilton. Raheem Appleby had a game-high 27 points and added two rebounds. Michael Snaer finished with a team-high 24 points for the Seminoles, making five of 10 from three-point range. Florida State wraps up the season with an 18-16 record. In the regular season, they finished sixth in the ACC with a 9-9 conference record. Louisiana Tech (27-6, 16-2 WAC) takes on No. 1-seeded Southern Miss (25-9, 12-4 Conference USA) in the second round on Monday, Mar. 25.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- LaTech beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 18th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Louisiana Tech is 32-20 in close games.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 14 or more steals.
- Louisiana Tech has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 45.0 percent or better.
- Louisiana Tech has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- LaTech has won every game this season (20-0) when opponents record 66 or fewer total points.
- This season Louisiana Tech has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Raheem Appleby has 27 points or more, 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Kenneth Smith plays 33 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Chris Anderson has three steals or more.
- LaTech set season lows for blocks (one) and three-pointers (three).
- Louisiana Tech has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- This is the eighth win of the season where the Bulldogs came back after being down at halftime.
- Raheem Appleby accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- Raheem Appleby has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 33 games this season.
- Brandon Gibson has led the team in rebounding in three out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Raheem Appleby's career.
- Michale Kyser had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Florida State Game Notes
- The Seminoles have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida State is 48-24 in close games.
- Michael Snaer accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Okaro White and Terrance Shannon) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Snaer has led the team in scoring 17 times in 34 games this season.
- Okaro White has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Michael Snaer's career.
- Michael Snaer has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Snaer set career highs with eight field goals made and five three-pointers.
|C||T. Whisnant II||11||4||0||0||0||0||0|