Long Beach State 66
(19-14, 7-10 away)
(19-14, 13-5 home)
Venue: Ferrell Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 20, 2013
|Long Beach State
|Long Beach State
||K Gulley 13
||E Garibay 5
||M Caffey 4
||B Heslip 26
||R Gathers 9
||A Walton 9
On a night when the Bears shot 63.5 percent from the floor, No. 7-seeded Long Beach State was trounced by No. 2-seeded Baylor 112-66 in the first round of the NIT. Long Beach State dug a hole early, down 59-34 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. The 49ers were paced by Kris Gulley, who put up a career-high 13 points and four rebounds. James Ennis had 10 points. For the Bears, Brady Heslip finished with a game-high 26 points, including eight-of-11 shooting from three-point range. Long Beach State closes out the season with a 19-14 record. In the regular season, they finished first in the Big West with a 14-4 record in conference play.
Long Beach State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:23 left to go.
- The 49ers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- Long Beach State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 24 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 47 or more rebounds this season, Long Beach State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Long Beach State has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Long Beach State has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- LBSU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Long Beach State has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (seven).
- James Ennis has 33 straight double-digit point games.
Baylor Game Notes
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (20).
- Rico Gathers has led the team in rebounding nine times in 33 games this season.
- Gary Franklin set a career high with six assists.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Brady Heslip's career.
- Pierre Jackson has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Pierre Jackson set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Cory Jefferson has three straight double-digit point games.