(24-11, 9-7 away)
(20-13, 13-4 home)
Venue: Thompson-Boling Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 20, 2013
||T Smith 25
||T Hallice 8
||L Hall 7
||T Golden 20
||J Stokes 13
||J McRae 4
On Wednesday, Mar. 20, No. 7-seeded Mercer upset No. 2-seeded Tennessee 75-67 in the first round of the NIT. Travis Smith played brilliantly for the Bears and put up a game-high 25 points and two rebounds. Langston Hall had 16 points and added seven assists. Jarnell Stokes registered a double-double for the Volunteers with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Tennessee wraps up the season with a 20-13 record. In the regular season, they finished fifth in the SEC with an 11-7 conference record. Mercer (24-11, 14-4 Atlantic Sun) takes on No. 3-seeded Brigham Young (22-11, 10-6 West Coast) in the second round on Monday, Mar. 25.
Mercer Game Notes
- The last time Mercer started the season 24-11 was 2011.
- Mercer beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- Mercer has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- The Bears have won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after recording 16 or more assists.
- Mercer has won every game this season (15-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.9 percent field goal percentage.
- Mercer has won 84 percent of the time this season (16-3) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season Mercer has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Jakob Gollon has 12 points or more, 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Langston Hall has five field goals made or more, and 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Travis Smith has three three-pointers or more.
- Mercer set a season low for steals (one).
- Mercer has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Travis Smith accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (T.J. Hallice and Daniel Coursey) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Travis Smith has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 35 games this season.
- T.J. Hallice has led the team in rebounding in four out of 35 games this season.
- Langston Hall has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Travis Smith's career.
- Travis Smith has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Smith had career highs with 25 points and seven field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Daniel Coursey.
- This was the second foul out of the season for T.J. Hallice.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Trae Golden and Jarnell Stokes) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Trae Golden has led the team in scoring eight times in 33 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Trae Golden's career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Jordan McRae.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded the 22nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarnell Stokes has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double. It was his 16th this season and 18th of his career.
- Jarnell Stokes set a career high with 12 offensive rebounds.