(24-11, 9-7 away)
(20-13, 13-4 home)
Venue: Thompson-Boling Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 20, 2013
||T Smith 25
||T Hallice 8
||L Hall 7
||T Golden 20
||J Stokes 13
||J McRae 4
On Wednesday, Mar. 20, No. 2-seeded Tennessee took on No. 7-seeded Mercer and was upset by the Bears 75-67 in the first round of the NIT. Jarnell Stokes earned a double-double in the loss with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Josh Richardson scored nine points and added three rebounds. For the Bears, Travis Smith finished with a game-high 25 points and two rebounds. Tennessee closes out the season with a 20-13 record. In the regular season, they finished fifth in the SEC with an 11-7 record in conference play.
Tennessee Game Notes
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Tennessee has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.9 percent or better this season, Tennessee has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- The Volunteers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--Tennessee has a 6.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Trae Golden and Jarnell Stokes) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Trae Golden has led the team in scoring in eight out of 33 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding in 22 out of 33 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Trae Golden's career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Jordan McRae.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded the 22nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarnell Stokes has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double. It was his 16th this season and 18th of his career.
- Jarnell Stokes had a career high with 12 offensive rebounds.
Mercer Game Notes
- Travis Smith accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (T.J. Hallice and Daniel Coursey) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Travis Smith has led the team in scoring 20 times in 35 games this season.
- T.J. Hallice has led the team in rebounding four times in 35 games this season.
- Langston Hall has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Travis Smith's career.
- Travis Smith has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Smith set career highs with 25 points and seven field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Daniel Coursey.
- This was the second foul out of the season for T.J. Hallice.