Indiana State 52
(18-15, 4-10 away)
(22-12, 17-2 home)
Venue: Carver-Hawkeye Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 20, 2013
||J Gant 16
||J Odum 7
||D Cummings 5
||R Devyn Marble 24
||A White 13
||R Devyn Marble 6
On Wednesday, Mar. 20, No. 3-seeded Iowa took on No. 6-seeded Indiana State and punished the Sycamores 68-52 in the first round of the NIT. This was anybody's game in the first half, with Iowa up by only one at the break, but then they had a big second half to put the game away. The Hawkeyes were led by Roy Devyn Marble, who got a game-high 24 points and six assists (5 Reb 4 Stl). Melsahn Basabe had nine points and added eight rebounds. Justin Gant finished with a team-high 16 points and three rebounds for the Sycamores. Indiana State wraps up the season with an 18-15 record. In the regular season, they finished fifth in the Missouri Valley with a 9-9 conference record. Iowa (22-12, 9-9 Big Ten) takes on No. 7-seeded Stony Brook (24-7, 14-2 America East) in the second round on Friday, Mar. 22.
Iowa Game Notes
- Iowa beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 19th time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- The Hawkeyes have won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after recording 42 or more rebounds.
- Iowa has won 75 percent of the time this season (12-4) when its three-point percentage has been 31.6 percent or better.
- Iowa has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- Iowa has won 94 percent of the time this season (15-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Iowa has won 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Melsahn Basabe has four field goals made or more, 71 percent of the time (12-5) when Aaron White has five free throws made or more, and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Roy Devyn Marble has five rebounds or more.
- The Hawkeyes have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 19th game at home this season--Iowa has a 16.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Roy Devyn Marble accounted for 35.2 percent of the team's points.
- Aaron White accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 34 games this season.
- Aaron White has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 34 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.
- Roy Devyn Marble had a career high with four steals.
- Aaron White recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaron White recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and eighth of his career.
- Aaron White had a career high with 13 rebounds.
Indiana State Game Notes
- Justin Gant accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jake Odum and Dawon Cummings) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Justin Gant has led the team in scoring six times in 33 games this season.
- Jake Odum has led the team in rebounding five times in 33 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Dawon Cummings.