Indiana State 52
(18-15, 4-10 away)
(22-12, 17-2 home)
Venue: Carver-Hawkeye Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 20, 2013
||J Gant 16
||J Odum 7
||D Cummings 5
||R Devyn Marble 24
||A White 13
||R Devyn Marble 6
On Wednesday, Mar. 20, No. 6-seeded Indiana State was punished by No. 3-seeded Iowa 68-52 in the first round of the NIT. Indiana State was only down 31-30 at the break, but Iowa broke it open in the second half and won by a big margin. The Sycamores were led by Justin Gant, who put up a team-high 16 points and three rebounds. Dawon Cummings scored four points and added five assists. Roy Devyn Marble got a game-high 24 points and six assists (5 Reb 4 Stl) for the Hawkeyes. Indiana State closes out the season with an 18-15 record. In the regular season, they finished fifth in the Missouri Valley with a 9-9 record in conference play.
Indiana State Game Notes
- Indiana State has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- The Sycamores have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a three-point percentage of 23.5 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Indiana State has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Indiana State has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- ISU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Justin Gant accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jake Odum and Dawon Cummings) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Justin Gant has led the team in scoring in six out of 33 games this season.
- Jake Odum has led the team in rebounding in five out of 33 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Dawon Cummings.
Iowa Game Notes
- Roy Devyn Marble accounted for 35.2 percent of the team's points.
- Aaron White accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring 14 times in 34 games this season.
- Aaron White has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.
- Roy Devyn Marble set a career high with four steals.
- Aaron White recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaron White recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and eighth of his career.
- Aaron White set a career high with 13 rebounds.