Stony Brook 71
(25-7, 13-5 away)
(21-12, 10-5 home)
Venue: William D. Mullins Center
7:15PM ET / 4:15PM PT, March 20, 2013
||A Jackson 20
||T Brenton 6
||T Brenton 7
||F Riley 16
||C Lalanne 7
||T Davis 6
On Wednesday, Mar. 20, No. 7-seeded Stony Brook beat No. 2-seeded Massachusetts 71-58 in the first round of the NIT. The Seawolves got the win with a game-high 20 points and five rebounds from Dave Coley. Anthony Jackson had a team-high 20 points and added three assists. Terrell Vinson finished with 11 points and five rebounds for the Minutemen. Massachusetts wraps up the season with a 21-12 record. In the regular season, they finished seventh in the A-10 with a 9-7 conference record. Stony Brook (25-7, 14-2 America East) faces off with No. 3-seeded Iowa (22-12, 9-9 Big Ten) in the second round on Friday, Mar. 22.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- STKNY beat the spread by 17.5 points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Seawolves have beaten the spread.
- Stony Brook has won every game this season (5-0) after committing 17 or fewer turnovers.
- The Seawolves have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- Stony Brook has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.8 percent or better.
- STKNY has won every game this season (18-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- STKNY has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 23.1 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Stony Brook has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Jameel Warney has 16 points or more, 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Tommy Brenton plays 34 minutes or more, and 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Dave Coley has five rebounds or more.
- The Seawolves set a season high for steals (14).
- The last time STKNY recorded at least 14 steals was Jan 13, 2009 against Dartmouth.
- The Seawolves have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- Stony Brook has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- Dave Coley recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Jackson and Dave Coley) accounted for 56.3 percent of the points.
- Anthony Jackson has led the team in scoring in eight out of 32 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 32 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Dave Coley's career.
- Dave Coley has three straight double-digit point games.
- Dave Coley had a career high with five steals.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Anthony Jackson's career.
- Anthony Jackson had career highs with eight field goals made and four three-pointers.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Freddie Riley and Terrell Vinson) accounted for 46.5 percent of the points.
- Freddie Riley has led the team in scoring three times in 33 games this season.
- Cady Lalanne has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 33 games this season.
- Freddie Riley set a career high with four steals.
- This was the ninth foul out of the season for Terrell Vinson.