(21-12, 5-7 away)
(18-14, 13-4 home)
Venue: Dunkin' Donuts Center
7:15PM ET / 4:15PM PT, March 20, 2013
||E Victor Nickerson 14
||E Victor Nickerson 7
||P Henry 4
||B Cotton 25
||L Henton 9
||K Dunn 6
No. 5-seeded Charlotte was defeated by No. 4-seeded Providence 75-66 in the first round of the NIT on Wednesday, Mar. 20. The 49ers got 12 points and six rebounds from Terrence Williams. E. Victor Nickerson also put in a solid contribution, scoring a team-high 14 points and adding seven rebounds. Kris Dunn finished with a season-high 14 points and nine rebounds (6 Ast 4 Stl) for the Friars. Charlotte closes out the season with a 21-12 record. In the regular season, they finished ninth in the A-10 with an 8-8 record in conference play.
Charlotte Game Notes
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Charlotte has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Charlotte has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Charlotte has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- The 49ers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- Charlotte has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the 49ers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- E. Victor Nickerson has led the team in scoring in three out of 33 games this season.
- E. Victor Nickerson had a career high with seven field goals made.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Pierra Henry.
- Chris Braswell has seven straight double-digit point games.
Providence Game Notes
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (LaDontae Henton and Kris Dunn) accounted for 45.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring 17 times in 32 games this season.
- LaDontae Henton has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.