On Wednesday, Mar. 20, No. 16-seeded Long Island took on No. 16-seeded James Madison and was defeated by the Dukes 68-55 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Jamal Olasewere earned a double-double for the Blackbirds with a game-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. C.J. Garner had 16 points and added four rebounds. Andre Nation got 14 points and seven rebounds (5 Blk 4 Ast) for the Dukes. Long Island closes out the season with a 20-14 record. The Blackbirds got to the NCAA Tournament as the NEC champion after beating Mount St. Mary's 91-70 in the conference championship. In the regular season, they finished second in the NEC with a 12-6 record in conference play.
Long Island Game Notes
- Long Island has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 11 or fewer assists.
- The Blackbirds have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 18.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 10 or more blocks this season, Long Island has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Long Island has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Long Island has lost 75 percent of the time (3-9).
- LIU set season lows for field goal percentage (35.6) and total points (55).
- The Blackbirds have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- Jamal Olasewere accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamal Olasewere and Brandon Thompson) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 26 times in 34 games this season.
- C.J. Garner has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Jamal Olasewere's career.
- Jamal Olasewere has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 32nd of his career.
James Madison Game Notes
- The top two scorers (A.J. Davis and Charles Cooke) accounted for 51.4 percent of the points.
- A.J. Davis has led the team in scoring 12 times in 35 games this season.
- Rayshawn Goins has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 35 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of A.J. Davis's career.
- A.J. Davis has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Nation has three straight double-digit point games.
- Alioune Diouf set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.