|Kentucky||A Goodwin 14.0||N Noel 9.5||R Harrow 2.9|
|Robert Morris||K Anderson 12.7||L Jones 6.1||V Jones 5.2|
No. 1-seeded Kentucky takes on No. 8-seeded Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT at Charles L. Sewall Center on Tuesday. It gets started at 7:30 p.m. ET and you can see it on ESPN. The Wildcats have not played the Colonials since the 1993-94 season, when they won 92-67.
The Wildcats were defeated by Vanderbilt 64-48 on Mar. 15 despite 12 points and five rebounds from Archie Goodwin. At 14.0, he paces the team in points per game. The Colonials were defeated by Mount St. Mary's 69-60 on Mar. 9 despite 15 points from Anthony Myers-Pate. He contributes 2.7 assists per game in addition to his 6.0 points per game.
Robert Morris StatSmack
- Since 1998, Kentucky has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Robert Morris (32 vs. zero).
- The Kentucky scoring leader (Archie Goodwin, 436 points) has more points than the Robert Morris scoring leader (Karvel Anderson, 393 points).
- Kentucky has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Robert Morris this season (two vs. zero).
- Kentucky has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Robert Morris (nine vs. two).
- Kentucky is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Kentucky is 212 lbs compared to 187 lbs for Robert Morris.
- AP voters think more highly of Kentucky and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Robert Morris (145 vs. three).
- Kentucky attacks the glass, with more rebounds (38.5 per game vs. 32.2 per game) than Robert Morris this season.
- Nerlens Noel is ranked 4th nationally in blocks.
- The Kentucky blocks leader (Nerlens Noel, 106 blocks) has more blocks than the Robert Morris blocks leader (Stephan Hawkins, 24 blocks).
- Kentucky has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (78.2 percent to 49.5 percent).
- Kentucky does a better job contesting shots (38.8 percent allowed vs. 44.8 percent allowed) than Robert Morris this season.