Davidson vs. Marquette: Full Game Preview
|Davidson||J Cohen 14.8||D Brooks 6.2||J Kuhlman 3.6|
|Marquette||V Blue 14.3||D Gardner 4.9||J Cadougan 4.1|
14th-seeded Davidson battles No. 3-seeded Marquette in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at Rupp Arena on Thursday. It starts at 3:20 p.m. ET and you can see it on truTV.
In their last game on Mar. 11, De`Mon Brooks put up 24 points and eight rebounds as the Wildcats ran it up on College of Charleston 74-55. On top of a team-high 6.2 rebounds per game, he also scores 13.8 points per game. For the Golden Eagles, Jamil Wilson put up 16 points in the 73-65 loss to Notre Dame on Mar. 14. He contributes 4.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.4 points per game. One category in which Marquette is especially proficient is free throw rate at 41.4, ranking second in their conference (and 39th nationally).
- SoCon has 4 teams - Appalachian State (74.4), North Carolina-Greensboro (73.9), Chattanooga (73.8), and Davidson (73.7) - that score more per game than the Big East leader, Louisville (73.5).
- Davidson players are more experienced than Marquette players (20,572 minutes played vs. 18,245 minutes played).
- Davidson has a better record on the road than Marquette this season (9-4 vs. 5-6).
- Last year SoCon had fewer blowout games in conference (meaning there is greater parity within the conference) than in the Big East.
- The Davidson rebounding leader (De`Mon Brooks, 203 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Marquette rebounding leader (Davante Gardner, 145 rebounds).
- Davidson has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Marquette according to Kiplinger (89 percent vs. 59.8 percent).
- Be afraid. Davidson has blown out more teams than Marquette this season (10 blowouts vs. six).
- Davidson has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Marquette (No. 8 vs. No. 84).
- Davidson has a better conference record than Marquette this season (17-1 vs. 14-4).
- Davidson has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (70.3 percent to 67.9 percent).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Davidson currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (990 to 970) than Marquette, per the NCAA.
|D||Mason Archie II||2||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|C||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|