|Oklahoma||R Osby 16.0||R Osby 7.0||S Grooms 3.2|
|San Diego State||J Franklin 16.8||J Franklin 9.5||J Franklin 3.3|
No. 7-seeded San Diego State battles 10th-seeded Oklahoma in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at Wells Fargo Center on Friday. It gets started at 9:48 p.m. ET and it can be seen on TBS.
In spite of 14 points and six rebounds from Xavier Thames, the Aztecs came up short 60-50 against New Mexico on Mar. 15. He is averaging 9.6 points and 2.7 rebounds per game. The Sooners were defeated by Iowa State 73-66 on Mar. 14 despite 18 points and nine rebounds from Romero Osby. He contributes a team-leading 16.0 points per game, 7.0 rebounds per game, and 0.8 blocks per game. When considering the Four Factors, Oklahoma performs well in turnover percentage at 17.5. This ranks first in the conference and 44th in the country.
- The Mountain West has a conference RPI that is better than the Big 12 (No. 1 vs. No. 5).
- The Mountain West had fewer blowout games in conference (meaning there is greater parity within the conference) than in the Big 12.
- San Diego State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (77.3 percent to 57.5 percent).
- The Mountain West has a much better average team RPI than the Big 12 (58 vs. 89).
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for rebounds, field goals made, and free throws made are in the Mountain West.
- San Diego State has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (36 percent vs. 93 percent).
- The worst team in the Mountain West has a much higher RPI than the worst team in the Big 12 (No. 164 vs. No. 234).
- The Mountain West has 2 teams - Boise State (39.1 percent) and Air Force (38.2 percent) - that shoot a better three-point percentage than the Big 12 leader, Iowa State (37.7 percent).
- San Diego State has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Oklahoma this season (five vs. three).
- Be afraid. San Diego State has blown out more teams than Oklahoma this season (eight blowouts vs. three).
- The San Diego State scoring leader (Jamaal Franklin, 478 points) has more points than the Oklahoma scoring leader (Romero Osby, 471 points).
|D+||Dwayne Polee II||10||3||2||0||0||0||1|