|California||A Crabbe 18.7||D Kravish 6.9||J Cobbs 4.8|
|UNLV||A Bennett 16.1||A Bennett 8.1||A Marshall 5.8|
12th-seeded California matches up against No. 5-seeded UNLV in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at HP Pavilion on Thursday. It starts at 7:27 p.m. ET and you can catch it on truTV. The Golden Bears lost to the Rebels 76-75 on Dec. 9 and are 1-2 against them over the last four years.
The Golden Bears were defeated by Utah 79-69 on Mar. 14 despite 26 points and five assists from Justin Cobbs. With 4.8 assists per game and 1.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Rebels, Anthony Bennett put up 15 points and 11 rebounds in the 63-56 loss to New Mexico on Mar. 16. With 16.1 points per game and 8.1 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- The Pac-12 has had 43 more NBA Draft picks than the Mountain West over the past 10 years.
- Allen Crabbe is ranked 44th nationally in points.
- The Pac-12 has had a better winning percentage in the NCAA Tournament over the past 10 years (55.7 vs. 32.5).
- The Pac-12 had more close games in conference (so the games are more exciting to watch) than in the Mountain West.
- The California three-point leader (Allen Crabbe, 59 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the UNLV three-point leader (Katin Reinhardt, 56 three-pointers).
- The Pac-12 has had 15 more NCAA Tournament teams than the Mountain West over the past 10 years.
- Over the past 10 years, California has had more players drafted by the NBA than UNLV (three vs. one).
- The Pac-12 has had three more Final Four teams than the Mountain West over the past 10 years.
- The California scoring leader (Allen Crabbe, 559 points) has more points than the UNLV scoring leader (Anthony Bennett, 515 points).
- The Pac-12 has had 10 more Sweet Sixteen teams than the Mountain West over the past 10 years.