|Iona||L Jones 23.0||D Laury 10.4||L Jones 3.5|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 19.5||D Thomas 6.2||A Craft 4.6|
No. 2-seeded Ohio State takes on 15th-seeded Iona in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at University of Dayton Arena on Friday. The game tips off at 7:15 p.m. ET and you can catch it on CBS. The Buckeyes last played the Gaels on Dec. 20, 2008 and won 71-53.
In a 50-43 triumph over Wisconsin on Mar. 17, Deshaun Thomas put up 17 points and seven rebounds for the Buckeyes. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 19.5 points per game and 6.2 rebounds per game. For the Gaels, Tre Bowman finished with 20 points and five rebounds in the 60-57 win over Manhattan on Mar. 11. He is averaging 8.5 points and 3.8 rebounds per game. The Four Factors in which Iona stands out are turnover percentage at 16.9 and effective field goal percentage at 52.5.
- Ohio State has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Iona (six vs. two).
- The Ohio State steals leader (Aaron Craft, 60 steals) has more steals than the Iona steals leader (Lamont Jones, 40 steals).
- The Ohio State blocks leader (Amir Williams, 41 blocks) has more blocks than the Iona blocks leader (David Laury, 39 blocks).
- Ohio State does a better job contesting shots (39.4 percent allowed vs. 44.9 percent allowed) than Iona this season.
- Ohio State has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Iona this season (six vs. zero).
- Ohio State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (74.6 percent to 52.2 percent).
- Ohio State has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Iona (14 vs. zero).
- Ohio State is ranked higher than Iona in their conference (No. 2 vs. No. 4).
- Ohio State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Ohio State is 215 lbs compared to 199 lbs for Iona.
- Be afraid. Ohio State has blown out more teams than Iona this season (eight blowouts vs. two).
- Even computers respect Ohio State more. Ohio State has a better RPI this season than Iona (RPI: No. 14 vs. No. 100).
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||7||3||2||0||0||0||0|