Temple vs. NC State: Full Game Preview
|Temple||K Wyatt 19.8||A Lee 7.0||K Wyatt 4.1|
|NC State||C Leslie 14.9||R Howell 10.7||L Brown 7.2|
No. 9-seeded Temple squares off against No. 8-seeded NC State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at University of Dayton Arena on Friday. It takes place at 1:40 p.m. ET and you can catch it on TBS. The Owls have not played the Wolfpack since the 2002-03 season, when they won 76-54.
The Owls fell 79-74 to Massachusetts on Mar. 15. Khalif Wyatt finished with 19 points in the loss. He contributes a team-high 19.8 points per game and 4.1 assists per game. For the Wolfpack, Scott Wood put up 21 points and five rebounds in the 81-71 loss to Miami (FL) on Mar. 16. He contributes 3.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 12.7 points per game. The Four Factors in which NC State stands out are effective field goal percentage at 54.1 and free throw rate at 41.2.
NC State StatSmack
- The Temple scoring leader (Khalif Wyatt, 616 points) has more points than the NC State scoring leader (C.J. Leslie, 477 points).
- Khalif Wyatt is ranked 16th nationally in points.
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for three-pointers, assists, steals, and blocks are in the A-10.
- Temple has more wins over the last 5 years than NC State (145 vs. 113).
- Temple is ranked higher than NC State in their conference (No. 3 vs. No. 4).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Temple currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 974) than NC State, per the NCAA.
- Temple embarrassed NC State by 22 points the last time they played (Feb 15, 2003).
- Temple has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (74.7 percent to 59.0 percent).
- Temple has a better record on the road than NC State this season (8-4 vs. 3-7).
- The A-10 has 2 teams - St. Bonaventure (76.3 percent) and La Salle (74.1 percent) - that shoot a better free throw percentage than the ACC leader, Florida State (73.1 percent).
- Temple has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than NC State this season (five vs. three).
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|