|Northwestern State||D Hicks 14.1||J Hulbin 5.9||J West 5.2|
|Florida||E Murphy 12.6||P Young 6.2||S Wilbekin 5.0|
14th-seeded Northwestern State takes on No. 3-seeded Florida in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at Erwin Center on Friday. Tipoff occurs at 7:27 p.m. ET and you can catch it on truTV.
The 19 points by Shamir Davis helped the Demons to a 68-66 victory over Stephen F. Austin on Mar. 16. He is putting up 12.5 points per game while also averaging 2.2 assists per game. The Gators were defeated by Ole Miss 66-63 on Mar. 17 despite 18 points and nine rebounds from Mike Rosario. He is averaging 12.3 points and 2.5 rebounds per game. When considering the Four Factors, Florida performs well in effective field goal percentage at 55.8. This ranks first in the conference and seventh in the country.
- The Northwestern State steals leader (Jalan West, 70 steals) has more steals than the Florida steals leader (Scottie Wilbekin, 41 steals).
- The Southland had fewer blowout games in conference (meaning there is greater parity within the conference) than in the SEC.
- The Northwestern State assist leader (Jalan West, 156 assists) has more assists than the Florida assist leader (Scottie Wilbekin, 143 assists).
- Northwestern State has a potent offense, scoring more points (82.4 per game vs. 72.0 per game) than Florida this season.
- Northwestern State attacks the glass, with more rebounds (39.9 per game vs. 34.9 per game) than Florida this season.
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for rebounds, field goals made, and free throws made are in the Southland.
- Last year the Southland had more close games in conference (so the games are more exciting to watch) than in the SEC.
- The Southland has 2 teams - Northwestern State (16.0) and Stephen F. Austin (15.7) - that average more assists per game than the SEC leader, Florida (15.1).
- Jalan West is ranked 18th nationally in steals.
|C+||M. Frazier II||18||6||3||1||0||0||1|